- Your story – how did you meet? How did the proposal happen?
We met in a bar in London and we hit it off immediately and started dating from then on. Since then we had been together for 10 years of adventure and travel all over the world.
The proposal was mysterious, a little geeky and very romantic. We went to the Sydney Observatory, which a small green hill in the middle of the city which overlooks the city lights. There we saw the rings of Saturn clearly through the telescope. We went outside in the cool night air, with a beautiful view across Sydney. My husband talked about our life together and then got on one knee and proposed. I of course said yes! We went for a delicious meal after to celebrate.
- Why did you choose Spain? Why the venue “Cortijo Fain Viejo”?
We both adore Spain. We love the language, the people, the food, the culture everything about it. Organising a wedding from Australia was incredibly difficult. I found Faín Viejo after hours of online searching. I fell in love with it straight away. When we found out they had micropigs too we were convinced it was for us. Although we never saw the venue before booking it, when we arrived it was even better than the pictures!
- Your style – What did you have for your wedding dress, bridesmaids, colours, flowers, décor, ceremony?
We wanted to go for a rustic, 1920’s, less formal feel. My dress was full of lace and was fitted. The flowers were from the gardens of the venue. Bridesmaids were in pale blue which matched the groom and groomsmen’s bowties. The groom was in a suit inspired by 20’s such as Great Gatsby, in oatmeal colour.
- Themes – what food did you provide? Music, special touches, cake?
We provided engraved fans as wedding favours. Our table names were after animals that we had fond memories of when we were on our travels together.
The food was traditional Spanish style, with of course a jamón cortador! We love jamón ibérico!
- Why did you choose Bodakids as your wedding photographer? Were you happy with the final result of their work?
Again with a lot of online searching! Bodakids are very well reviewed and there was a lot of material online that we could see and loved their style. They were very professional and friendly. They made communication from Australia easy. You can see in pictures their amazing work they did.
- Why do you think it is important to book the right photographer?
It’s very important as you want the most important moments of your special day captured as they happen. We felt like we were in a dream, so seeing it all again brought out details we would not have noticed, and fresh enjoyment.
- What were your favourite moments?
Aside from the ceremony, locking eyes with each other when I walked down the aisle. Without a doubt the cuddling of the wonderful, adorable piglets. We had hoped they could be part of our photos and were over the moon that they were part of it.
- “If I had to do it again, I would change…?”
Not a thing.
- What would be your advice for future brides getting married?
Stay calm and don’t forget to delegate jobs, everyone is willing to help.
- Address book (please provide the names and websites of the main wedding vendors used e.g. florists, photographer, wedding venue, planner, dress etc.)
Wedding venue : Faín Viejo (We cannot recommend this beautiful venue enough). The venue provided the food, decor, flowers. Ana Zalba the venue owner was amazing.
Ceremony: Ibiza Ceremony,
Celebrant : Jake Westwood
Dress: Love Bridal, Bromley UK
Video: Bodakids Video